With Tropical Storm Harvey brewing in the warm waters in the Gulf – it’s vital to have a solid plan and family communication plan. This is the first hurricane to hit TX since 2008 here’s what you can do to prepare accordingly.
For more information see link https://www.ready.gov/hurricanes THD works with insurance companies, first responders and policyholders to help with evacuation needs and emergency lodging. The most important thing is to be safe. We are here to help and can be reach 24/7 at 800-817-3220.
Basic Preparedness Tips
- Know where to go. If you are ordered to evacuate, know the local hurricane evacuation route(s) to take and have a plan for where you can stay. Contact your local emergency management agency for more information.
- Put together a go-bag: disaster supply kit, including a flashlight, batteries, cash, first aid supplies, medications, and copies of your critical information if you need to evacuate
- If you are not in an area that is advised to evacuate and you decide to stay in your home, plan for adequate supplies in case you lose power and water for several days and you are not able to leave due to flooding or blocked roads.
- Make a family emergency communication plan.
- Many communities have text or email alerting systems for emergency notifications. To find out what alerts are available in your area, search the Internet with your town, city, or county name and the word “alerts.”